Thursday, August 14, 2014

Day 226 - 14th August 2014 - Cobwebs, Palm Warbler and Flowers

Going to be a long day - up at 4 am.  Guess that's what I get for sleeping in Wednesday morning. Oh well, by noon I'll be sluggish and have a headache - bring on the tylenol. Hopefully it won't be too busy of an afternoon where I have to appear somewhat intelligent. We've had a little rain during the night but doesn't look like much. The shoreline along the lake is increasing as the water drops and I can see more rocks that only appear in low water in parts of the lake.
I headed out for my roam in the hood a little earlier than normal, knowing I had lots of time since I was off. It was thick fog around the lake and the birds didn't appear to be moving much. Finally the sun  began to break through, but after 2 hours I decided to head home. There were a few but nothing like the other day. Oh well, that's birding.  Lexi and I had a good day, I did a bit of marathon housework, paid some bills and we roamed. Early afternoon I had the craving for pizza so I made up some dough and it ready for supper. I also cooked up the pork chops, potatoes and veggies for supper on Thursday night. It was cooler yesterday with a bit of wind all day.
 Don't you ever wonder how long it takes to make such intricate creations.

 A Palm Warbler was lurking under the leaves.
 The accidental Sunflower is open.
 Another Lily is beginning to bloom.
 Rose of Sharon with a Bee full of pollen.
 Harriett has left me and moved to Lois'. There she gets cat food and spends a good portion of the day lounging on the deck.











Some flowers are beautiful in white.










Enjoy your day!

1 comment:

  1. Love the closeups. The accidental sunflower is my desktop at the moment. :) Thanks.

    ReplyDelete