Monday, August 4, 2014

Day 216 - 4th August 2014 - Hermit Thrush, Daisies and Pearly Everlasting

It's a long weekend - nice, maybe that rain will stop in a few hours and I can get out to do some birding around. Ideally the birds in the hood are best found between 8 am and 9 am. Don't ask me why but that seems to be when they are out and active. It's been  a funny year for birds here and totally different than the previous year.  Last summer I could pretty well do my walk anytime of the day and something would be singing or pop out to see me. I actually figured out their routine and could follow along behind them during the morning feeding. I have no idea what's different now.
I took a quick jaunt around after breakfast and it stopped raining yesterday morning. It was later than normal - had to let Larry sleep in since I had roasted him out of bed early on Saturday. In all fairness he's been working long hours for the last couple of months and unlike me he'd rather stay up at night and sleep in in the morning.  The Hermit Thrush was the only little guy that I found, it was pretty quiet overall. Larry worked in the woodpile - it's coming but still more to do. I worked  around the house and did some editing of photos from last weekend at Harmony Bazaar - still more to do.  We went to a celebration of life in the afternoon, a member of our community passed away last week - same age as Larry. Makes you look at life and realize you must grasp every opportunity you are given and live life to the fullest.
 Queen Anne's Lace.
 One of my favourite summer time birds - Hermit Thrush.
 They are always friendly and pop right out when I call.
 Brown Eyed Susans.
 Lots of rain drops on everything this weekend.
 Pearly Everlasting with a Bee. Another of those road side wild flowers.
 Lots of Daisies.
Lilies from a neighbour's.











Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment