Thursday, August 28, 2014

Day 240 - 28th August 2014 - Northern Parula, Chestnut-sided Warbler, Chickadees, Palm Warbler and a Toad

Work day and the weather forecast is calling for a bit of rain. By the looks of the lake we can sure use it - man is it low. A quiet day at the office would be good and hopefully I'll finish up some research I didn't make much headway with on Tuesday.
What a great day I had on Wednesday! Beautiful, sunny, warm  and peaceful with a hood that produced lots of birds on my morning tramp. Nothing different but I got some better photos than I had before. Lexi and I roamed a bit as well. Then the standard laundry, housework - but not too much.
 I think this is the juvenile Red-Eyed Vireo I saw a few days ago.
 Northern Parula.
 Female or young Chestnut -sided Warbler.

 Palm Warbler.
 The Chickadees were playing host to to the Palm Warblers yesterday morning and boy there were a lot of them.
 Preening Woodpecker.

 Someone is always flashing me! Palm Warbler.
 And he found breakfast. It only took a second and the grub was gone.
A Flycatcher, but not sure what kind. Wish I could get a good shot of these guys!














 I haven't seen a toad all summer but yesterday I saw two.
My favourite of the Glads - red.









Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment