Sunday, August 24, 2014

Day 236 - 24th August 2014 - Black-Throated Green Warblers, Black & White Warblers, Red-Eyed Vireo, Eagle and a Frog

Stars are all this morning. Not sure what's planned today - some more wood pile for Larry I'm sure. He mentioned something about making freezer pickles too - that's more his thing than mine. Maybe we'll get a chance to head somewhere today for shore birds. They are leaving rapidly.
The hood was fruitful with birds yesterday. I went off for my morning jaunt and it was fairly quiet until I got back out on the road and was nearly home. Then a leaf twitched and the bushes and trees were alive! I usually have my best days when I find the Chickadees  - guess they are such friendly birds everyone likes to hang out with them. Later in the day I noticed activity in our old Crab Apple tree. We didn't get to the beach yesterday, just around home and a short run down to the tree farm after supper. I saw the Merlin, Flickers and lots of Song Sparrows there.

 Not a great shot but the baby Spotted Sandpipers survived - there were three plus the parents this morning.

 Maybe a space ship...or just a bubble on the water.
 Yellow Rumped Warbler.
 This big guy was hanging out in the road, after I took a few pics I moved him back toward the lake.
 Common Yellow Throated Warbler.

Black and White Warblers.
 The very friendly Black Throated Green Warblers. There were at least three of them.
 Red-Eyed Vireo.
 Palm Warbler.
 The Eagle was down by the river again last night.
A Kestrel  flying off.








Enjoy your day!





No comments:

Post a Comment