Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Day 217 - 5th August 2014 - Hermit Thrush, Black-throated Blue Warbler, Damselflies and a Painted Lady

Long weekend is over, time for work today. Lots to do. A short week is always super busy of course. Thinking I may switch my day off this week to Friday - the weather is looking better at the end of the week.
Well I got beat out with rain four times in the morning but finally the weather broke long enough for a short jaunt where I could actually take photos.  I saw a number of different ones flitting around when it was pouring but had my camera under wraps, my glasses were full of rain so I gave the first couple of times up. On the fourth trip a neighbour came a long walking his dog so I walked along and chatted with him.  It was drizzly off and on most of the afternoon, not great for photos and by then I didn't see much for birds either. I did a little housework (could stand to do more), threw together a potato salad and pasta salad to go for supper the next couple of nights and did some photo editing from the other weekend.  Exercise class last night - we were a small group but worked really hard, it's been over a week since I've been there and it was needed. Hopefully those weights at the end of class will help with holding up that lens. I think I need muscles!

 Always faithful, even in a down pour - Hermit Thrush.
 Lots of Damsel flies around the lake - it's mating season.

 Finally I found the male Black-throated Blue Warbler. I'm sure I saw two males when I got caught the first time in the rain.
 A very wet Blue Jay.

 I think this is a Painted Lady.
Red Eyed Vireo with lunch.















Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment