Friday, August 1, 2014

Day 213 - 1st August 2014 - Spiderwebs, Swamp Sparrow, Common Yellow-throated Warbler and a Dory

Moving on to another month. Welcome August, hopefully we will have an extended summer. Friday and the weekend begins soon. If we get any fine weather I'll be on a beach hunting for shore birds Saturday and/or Sunday. The next door neighbour messaged me during the night to say they had a bear at the top of their driveway, now I know what Lexi was barking at and fussed up about during the night. Spending much of my time in the country as a child means I'm not so disturbed by bears but rather coyotes which we didn't really have in those days. The bears are just looking for food while their normal berries ripen up. Seems to be an abnormally high amount of bears this year, but the compost draw them to civilization, after all they were here before us.
A very busy day at work on Thursday. I didn't get to lunch until 1:30 and then when I got back it started all over again - it's good, I like being busy. Fine day, sun was out but it tends to get humid in the afternoon. At least it cools off  at night for sleeping.  I skipped exercise to go search again for the Black -throated Blue Warbler but no luck. Would be nice to see the male as well as the female. Haven't quite discovered where those birds hang out after supper.
 The spider is still at home in this web!
 Common Yellow-throated Warbler.  I'm thinking it's a young male as there looks like a bit of black coming in where his mask should be.
 Swamp Sparrow - there were several of them bopping around.
 A little tail wag.

 It was a lovely calm morning on the Harbour.
Sometimes simple is best.








Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment