Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Day 239 - 27th August 2014 - Foggy Lake, Dragon and Damsel Flies and Gladiolus

Up too early this morning - going to be a long day. At least it's my day off and if I'm smart I'll snag a quick snooze after lunch before my head starts pounding. Looks like another fine day, stars are all out. I'll hit the hood and have time today to find those Warblers. At least I hope so. Other than that - it's the norm - laundry some housework, nothing exciting.
Tuesday seemed like a long day - didn't make the research headway I had hoped to. Maybe Thursday will be better.  Didn't see many birds on my morning walk but I could hear some down in the woods, behind the swamp. Not a place for me to trek in work clothes and sandals. Took another quick walk after supper but it was pretty quiet. Not sure where they were. Last summer I could be guaranteed of a few in the evening but this year they are elsewhere.
 A little too much light but lots of fog on the lake yesterday morning.
 After supper was all about Dragonflies - wings out.
And Damselflies - wings tucked to the sides.













 Snacking on an apple.
More of my Glads are opening.










Enjoy your day

1 comment:

  1. What no birds!! lol He looked surprised that you had interrupted his supper.

    ReplyDelete