Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Day 224 - 12th August 2014 - Warblers, Chickadee and a Sparrow

Stars are still out this morning, there was suppose to be a meteor shower last night but those things are always too late for me. Looks like another fine day coming, it's cooler now in the mornings and evenings. Hoping for another good day.
Normally Monday is never anyone's favourite day of the week - but I had a great day yesterday. Maybe it's because I started with a huge group of birds in a small area, which just made me very happy although I didn't get a lot of good photos. I think I get a little overly excited and my head is swinging around as they are flitting by but it's all good. I saw Black throated Blue Warblers, Black and White Warblers, Swamp Sparrows, Song Sparrow, Yellow Warbler, Yellow Rumped Warbler, Common Yellow-throated Warbler, Flycatcher, Chickadees, Magnolia Warbler, Palm Warbler and I'm not sure what else. They were all in about a 20 foot space flying back and forth on the private road. It was busy. Then on the way in town I saw a Hawk sitting on the power line, said Hawk, Hawk, but Nancy didn't understand she was suppose to slam on the brakes and stop - HA!HA! Cindy tried out some new moves on us at exercise class last night - she attended an exercise convention in Toronto on the weekend - we will be guinea pigs in the upcoming weeks I'm sure. Hopefully I can still move in the next few days and carry Big B.
 The Black-Throated Blue Warbler. There were two males, but I didn't see the female.
 Chickadee.
 A good under view of the Magnolia Warbler.
 Yellow-Rumped Warbler.
 I'm getting good at identifying the under views of the Magnolias.
 Yellow Warbler - haven't seen a lot of these this summer.
 I'm sure I can see a little yellow on his lures, if so he's a White Throated Sparrow.
Peeking out through the leaves - Magnolia.







Enjoy your day!

1 comment: