Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Day 225 - 13th August 2014 - The Lake, White Breasted Nuthatch, Ducks and a Broad-winged Hawk

Day off and I've slept in - feels good for a change. Lots to do around here today - need to catch up with a bit of housework but there will still be time to roam the hood. Maybe if the sun comes out and warms up this afternoon I'll even get in for some swimming. By the feel of the air in the morning and evening there won't be many chances left. I've also got to finish off a couple of projects.
Not quite as lively yesterday morning in my patch but I still managed to see some Sparrows, Common Yellow-throated Warbler, Chickadees, White Breasted Nuthatch and heard a Flicker. So not a bad jaunt. Work went well - am making a lot of headway and things are getting done.
 A misty morning on the lake, love the look of it rising up off the water.
 A couple of White-breasted Nuthatches were busy finding breakfast.
 The ducks were sleeping on the grass along Dock St. when I went for my tea. Nothing seems to bother them.
 Chickadees are always flitting around.
 Broad-winged Hawk on my after supper walk.

Goldenrod - always lots of color on the roadside.








Enjoy your day!

1 comment:

  1. Hallelujah!! A couple of non bird photos lol....love the mist over the lake. Great shot Missy.

    ReplyDelete