Saturday, February 23, 2013

Day 54 - 23rd February 2013 - Red Polls, Clouds and Last years growth

Saturday, temperature is -4.3 but I slept in some so that's a good thing. Once in a while it's nice to get up at 6 am instead of 4 or 5, although it doesn't happen often. Think we will head to Barrington this afternoon and do the shopping, I'm to the point where 2 grocery stores and a few choices would be a nice change. The pantry needs to be restocked. That also means we can take a side trip somewhere to a beach or new scenery and take some photos and enjoy some time together for a few hours. It will be date day! Tide is low around 1 pm this afternoon so we'll take off around lunch time. Larry of course will want to put some wood in the basement but he can tackle that chore this morning.
A cloud filled sky and chilly day on Thursday. Another day of accomplishments or at least I seemed to have gotten stuff done.  Received some good news too, so that certainly helped to pull me out of down state of mind I've been muddling through lately. Maybe it's just winter or all the sadness and despair around or a combination of both but I've felt rather blah for the last couple of weeks. Sometimes you just need something positive to perk you back up again and that's the way I felt yesterday - like yup things will be better!
 I thought of spring as we walked through the woods.
The Red Polls were clustered in the apple tree.
 Great grey clouds over the lake.
 Hopefully things will be green again soon and not brown anymore.

This looked like a great tree for woodpeckers to feed in or others to build nests in.


















Well time to check out my scrabble games. Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment