Saturday, February 2, 2013

Day 33 - 2nd February 2013 - Windfalls, Snow and A flock of Birds

Saturday, temperature is back to being cold -9.6. Sleep was better last night and feel more rested this morning. I see we have a snowfall warning coming for tomorrow - sounds like 15-20 cms of snow. The girls in the hood will get skiing again. Wonder if the ground hog will see his shadow today? Somehow I think either way we will still have to finish winter out but we can always hope. Today is grocery day. Sounds like I do the same thing every week but that's ok, it's winter and I don't mind some boring routine. I'm guessing Larry will want to put some more wood in the basement, last week's cold snap burned up quite a bit.
Snow flurries and more wind yesterday but not as bad as Thursday. Chased some cobwebs, dust and dirt that was the excitement of my Friday. Lexi and I did manage a nap in the afternoon. Not sure what happen but all of a sudden I couldn't keep my eyes open so we headed for the sofa, she loves to curl up and sleep with her head on my legs. I felt like I was drugged, couldn't lift my head up even when I heard the furnace coming on and off and knew I should go down and put wood in.  I even dreamed which is kind of weird for a nap, but guess I was tired.
 Lexi and I checked out the wind damage - more trees in the path.
 Since it was still a bit windy I kept a close eye out just in case.
 This one is hung up on lines.
 The path is beginning to be like an obstacle course.
 Big fluffy flakes off and on throughout the day.
One of our neighbour's driveway.




















Not a great photo but I counted 37 Red Polls in this tree and I think there were a few strays in another. The flock continues to grow.











Time for my second cup of coffee. Enjoy your day!

3 comments:

  1. I am up and at it....have fun getting groceries. NOthing wrong with routine!! I have been keeping an eye on the weather and it sounds a bit menacing. Will have to wait and see.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe it is all the exercise that is making you sleepy. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are cruel Cindy!LOL!! I would rather see snow than a mix of snow/rain or freezing rain = icy roads, etc.

    ReplyDelete