Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Day 50 - 19th February 2013 - Evening Grosbeaks, Wind and Snow

Up a little too early this morning, temperature is -4.4 but it's suppose to be nice weather wise. I suppose I should do some baking today, cookies maybe bread. Baking of course puts me in a more peaceful state of frame. Like many others in this County  my mind is on those 5 young men who's boat went down Sunday night. Because of the weather and sea conditions the search and rescue groups had not located them yesterday but from a news report I read they were searching through the night. I hope they find those boys. My mind flicks back to other incidents similar to this one over the years and pray they have a good outcome this time.
I finished off the Bird Count yesterday with a yard full of Evening Grosbeaks and some of my regular feeders. It was really a nasty miserable morning but did clear off by lunch time although the wind was still up. I'm so glad I don't have to go to town on those kind of days, although Larry does but he isn't as bothered by it as I am. I did make  him call me though once he got to work. I spent way too much time in the kitchen window with my camera but it was fun so what makes the difference. Did some household chores and then spent some time on my laptop doing some housecleaning there, burned off a couple of months of photos on to DVD's so I could delete them and free up memory and space. Still need to do more but am out of disks. I do periodically back everything up to an external hard drive.
 Got some action shots - flying in and out of the feeding area.





 Lexi and I got caught in the blowing snow.
 Could hardly see across the lake.
A winter wonderland.












She has snowflakes on her eyes and beak.













The Evening Grosbeaks are off to another feeder I'm sure.













Just poured my second coffee. Enjoy your day.

1 comment:

  1. Thank God for the photo of Lexi....my blog has gone to the birds! Our thoughts and prayers are with the lads and their families...and left the porch light on as well...it is times like this that community spirit is felt....get a lot accomplished today and immerse yourself in baking ;)

    ReplyDelete