Thursday, August 30, 2012

Day 243 - 30th August 2012 - Daytime and Evening on the Lake, Mushrooms and A Moon

Thursday - morning is a bit cooler than we are used to but feels very good to be able to sleep better again. Temperature is +11.8. Another busy day, a meeting first thing, then a consultation with a client, back to town this evening for another meeting. 

Lexi and I had a good day yesterday. Got all the bedding washed, dried and back on the beds, made chocolate chip cookies, did some housework, cooked a roast for supper. The cookies didn't really do it for me, I had the urge to make pizza but had no cream cheese. Next week I'll make it - yes girls you will get some - maybe Tues morning you can raid Larry's truck! It felt so much like fall. A few leaves turning, cooler breeze, warm sun. This is my favourite time of year, can feel a clean crispness in the air.
Thought I would check and see what Grandmother had to say:

30 August 1972
Beautiful fall day still warm but cool in the house with the windows open. [ I didn't pull out her diary before writing, coincidentally 40 years ago the weather was similar] Ivy and Jim over early this morning. Brought some eels, corn fresh and cooking apples. Only stayed a short while. One of the Murphy boys and girlfriend dropped in to see the place. I felt miserable and laid down and read and slept all afternoon. Drove over to Annie's after supper. Going to town in the morning. Beautiful evening, should spend more time outside evenings.

31 August 1972
Beautiful day and up early and went to town. Saw buck and doe before 9 o'clock over by Salmon Creek. Did shopping, didn't stay too long. Home around noon time. Very dry. Bob watering trees and garden. Drying onions each day. Bobbie & Bettie and kids up. Kim packed her clothes. [End of summer and time for me to go home, no doubt.] I'm knitting dolls sweaters for Kim's doll.
This was today on the lake - just splendid!
Hope she hasn't got any ideas about going canoeing!
Along the forest bottom, we find more mushrooms.
And berries, some have seen a better day.
And more mushrooms.
Last evening the lake was pinkish. Sat on Lois' deck waiting for the moon to come up.
No moon, might as well go home and try over by our place.
As I got home - there it was high in the sky - how did we miss it??
Well time to drink my coffee and get things underway. Enjoy your day!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. You got me good on the hummingbird you are probably still laughing. I love the passages from Grandmother's journal.....no matter how many years not alot changes:) I am not even going to comment on that mushroom. Love the photo of the moon :) I tired to respond this morning but could not read the words I have to type to prove I am not a robot...after three tries I gave up. Hope you have had a productive day :)

    ReplyDelete