Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Day 214 - 1st August 2012 - Hummers, Flocks and Fog

Can hear the rain on the deck this morning. Up too early. It's been a while since I've had a bad night, but the humidity seems to have kicked in again and it was way too warm. Will aim for an afternoon nap since it's my day off. Have a couple of zucchini that Larry got out of the garden so I'm thinking zucchini chocolate cake and some muffins although there has been a request for chocolate chip cookies. Larry doesn't like it as a vegetable - I do, but he likes it in muffins, etc. Sounds like the oven will be on this morning for a while - more heat! Also have a chicken out to roast for supper, with lots of fresh veggies from the garden. Can't imagine what people do with out a garden. Have really got to do a bit of housework too, since a lot didn't get done last weekend and this weekend is busy too.

The first day of a new month! I'm expecting it to be good month. Although it makes me sad to think that Colin will soon be done, can't believe that the summer is going by so quickly. The poor boy will be glad to get a rest it's been a busy summer of moving books, clearing out, researchers etc.

I've spent a lot of time with the hummingbirds yesterday. This one is doing a free fall - hope the parachute opens soon!
They go through more actions - fighting and flitting.
This little girl is missing some tail feathers, can't imagine why!
My hedge of flocks is beginning to bloom.
That's the lake behind the bunch of grasses yesterday morning - thick fog.
Couldn't see across the lake at all!
But the sun began to come through.
Still boats in the harbour.
And after supper, I took my camera and tripod out to the deck and risked my life and limb sitting watching them!
Managed to capture three in this shot. They move so fast it's hard to get more than one at a time without a lot of blur.
Taking a break from the drama at the feeders!
Well guess I must surf the internet and see what I can find of interest this morning, usually I have some research work I can tackle at this hour of the day, but I didn't bring anything home with me. Enjoy your day.















4 comments:

  1. They truly are spectacular to watch :) I hear you on the sleep and humidity....not fit and it appears to be making me cranky and not as productive as I would like :) Chin up before we know it, we will have the "cold" to deal with
    Have a good day

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay so I am not as cranky as I was earlier.....this darn hair of mine and trying to let it grow to have it done prior to the "WEDDING" ughhhhh. Every time I put my contact in my hair is in my eyes this morning I could get it in a small pontail and it looked like something the cats sucked on. Called Shannon and voila a hair cut, highlights and she took the whipper snipper to my eyebrows... I feel like a new person. Needless to say the daughter was not impressed but understood :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Short hair is very smart!Glad you got a good look and something you are comfy with.

      Delete
  3. I'm like you, like zucchini as a veggie however I have to agree with your hubby...it's great in baked goods too! And I have a recipe for a zuchinni & "peach" jam that I like.

    ReplyDelete