Friday, August 10, 2012

Day 223 - 10th August 2012 - Ducks, Woodpeckers and a Gull

Time to do the Friday dance, as a friend says! Wish it would start cooling down at night for sleeping. Don't mind warm days but I could handle some cooler nights. Better be careful what I wish for. Hopefully today I will get lots done and head into the weekend with the feeling of lots accomplished.

Thursday was nuts!! Busy all morning with researchers [this is a good thing], then I began to lose everything I touched. Screwed up the bank deposit, which I'll correct on the next deposit, at least I caught it before I started posting and trying to balance August at the end of the month. That would have been a bigger mess. The folks from the museum arrived with the issues of the Coast Guard we've discussed adding to our collection [this is a good thing too, but where to put them is another question]. Crazy for both places to have a few in each institution. Anyway 4:30 arrived and the day ended!
The lupins have all gone to seed, regrowth for next spring.
Found some ducks this morning in the lake while walking over to meet Nancy! Rah!
And woodpeckers too! This one was a female on a power pole, rat-tat-tat.
The male was on the next pole, tapping away, then he'd stop and listen for her.
A gull in the harbour.
I look so tall!
Hung out with the tame ducks - the Three Amigoes, after supper.
And it was supper time, so I left them in peace to enjoy their meal.
Sky was pretty on the way back home.
Well time to get moving. Enjoy your day!





1 comment:

  1. I have been doing the Happy Friday Dance since just after midnight lol....

    ReplyDelete