Sunday, August 5, 2012

Day 218 - 5th August 2012 - A Wedding day and Flowers

Sunday and the sun is coming through the fog, slept in a little bit this morning, which is a good thing. Although I still seem to be yawning, guess I'll shake that later. Not sure what we are up to today, Larry mentioned something about cleaning up the fire truck so it can go in the exhibition parade on Tuesday night. Maybe we'll get out for a drive later today.

Yesterday was wedding day! I am sure it was the hottest day we've had all summer. Even though the wedding wasn't until 7:30pm, with almost 100 people in our little country church it was hot, hot, hot! It was a country theme, with bales of hay, sunflowers/brown eyed susans, saddles, bridles, cowboy hats and the bride arriving by horse drawn wagon. Oh did I mention I sat on the back of our truck on Larry's metal tool box, taking pictures of them going to the church in the wagon. I'm sure that's a first for most wedding photographers! All went well without a hitch and I think I got some satisfactory photos. It was a great opportunity, but weddings are not my cup of tea. Guess today will be spent mostly do editing and culling through them, so they have something to choose from.
The flower arrangements were fabulous, a couple of the local gals did them They have a good eye for this type of thing.










From Vicki's flower gardens, but I'm not sure what it is.
One of her daylilies.
And Hydrangea.


Sorry, not a lot of photos today, but can't post wedding photos till the bride and groom see them, and that's mostly what I did yesterday. Must drink my coffee and get a move on.
Enjoy your day!



No comments:

Post a Comment