Thursday, August 23, 2012

Day 236 - 23rd August 2012 - Mushrooms and Butterflies

Another too early morning. I seemed to have woke up with the same headache I went to bed with - ugh not going to be a great day in that case. I see the weather forecast is promising more sun again today and for the remainder of the week. I've been going to take photos of the sunsets the last few nights but I keep getting distracted and then it's too late Will try for that this evening.

Yesterday was more eventful than I would have liked. Drama, drama, drama. Enough said on that subject. Lexi and I got some housework done, baked a zucchini chocolate cake, cooked supper and made a sausage/rice casserole for tonight. And I proofread a research report. Of course we managed a few walks. Went through the woods to the lake, stopped and had tea with Lois, warm on her deck today until a cloud nicely appeared over head offering us some shade.

Walking through the path, wonder what she sees, maybe my camera should be pointed in that direction rather than at her.
Anyone reading that is looking for a Christmas gift for me ... how about a book on identifying wild mushrooms? Just a thought!
These are kind of neat, look almost like they are made of jelly.
This one is pretty with the pinkish centre.
There were a few of the ducks around, this one was ready to fly off.
Lily pads, but no lilies today.
Water bugs!
Butterflies on Lois' butterfly bush. There are lots around these days.
More on a tree.
 
And if you are looking for another Christmas gift for me.. how about a book on identifying butterflies? Just a suggestion!
Have to cut up some of the chocolate cake to send to a couple of gals for their coffee break. Larry will drop it off to them on his way to work, otherwise they will be like scavengers rummaging through his truck [just kidding].  Have a few office things to finish off this morning and I guess I better take a couple of tylenol.
Enjoy your day!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Clouts. Natures canopy. Love the photos of the butterfly bush I will see you this am prior to leaving. On a lighter note o am rather calm this am and thankful that our baby girl found such a great guy. Lol I am reading and typing on thia stupid blackberry hard on the eyes buy was able to zoom each photo and appreciate the colour lol see you in a bit

    ReplyDelete