Monday, August 6, 2012

Day 219 - 6th August 2012 - Stonewalls, Puff balls and Flowers

Back to Monday again. The humidity is terribly high and daylight doesn't come as early - guess the days are beginning to shorten up a bit. It's one of those civic holidays, where some things are closed and some open. Not quite sure what's on our list of fun things to do today. Lots to do, just a matter of picking a place to start.

Sunday was a semi-lazy day. Spent four hours editing the wedding photos, getting them on a disk and delivering them to the newlyweds. Then we took a drive to Upper Clyde, spending a lovely afternoon chatting with Irene. Larry took her some fresh veggies out of the garden too. He's such a suck up! HA!HA! It was nice to just lay back and gossip - oops I mean chat.
Irene always has some interesting pots done up or flowers in her gardens.
Everywhere I look this year, there are beautiful day lilies.
We used to call these puff balls, when we were kids, but I really don't have any idea what they are. Other than Adults would tell us not to touch them.
Always like a big bunch of daisies.
These are always pretty too.
Kind of neat on the side of a cottage.
I like the soft feathery contrast of the ferns against the stone wall.
I know, need to get out and find something more interesting at the end of the camera lens, maybe today will be that day. Enjoy your day!



1 comment:

  1. Those photos are interesting and like you I love the stonewall and the plants who appear to seek shelter....gladed the weekend is over now if I could just plug myself in to an outlet my blackberry I am sure I would be recharged :)

    ReplyDelete