Thursday, August 2, 2012

Day 215 - 2nd August 2012 - Flowers and Horses

Thursday morning, looks rather dark and dreary, they are giving some rain for today. I'm interested to see how Colin made out with the grand task of shredding yesterday, hopefully he got through the bulk of it and we have some more empty boxes. I am visualizing the light at the end of the tunnel on this cleaning up job.

Since I had no Internet most of yesterday and it was rainy and dismal I spend a good portion of the day in the kitchen baking, then putting together a nice roast chicken supper with loads of fresh veggies from the garden! Oh yeah, and I did some of that housework stuff I love so well.
Thought I'd add a few lines from Grandmother's Journals:
1 August 1972 -  Foggy and raining this morning up at 6:30 to go to Yarmouth for permanent. Looks awful, too tight. [Hair] Fine by the time we got there turned out lovely. Drove down to Island [Robert's Island] to see Al Walton. Had a short visit. Ivy, Jim and I had a good day. Beautiful drive down this evening. Lovely here tonight. Nice and cool. Reg over for a few minutes. Feels like Fall.
2 August 1972 - Nice Day. Sat out in the afternoon. Bob and Reg went out on tractor picked up some wood for Reg. Had Reg for dinner. Perrys and MacKay's from Truro arrive before we finished dinner. Stayed until 5 o'clock. Fran and I played crib in the evening at her house. Real cool at 11 o'clock when I came home and beautiful night - all the stars out.

Yes, I 've been hanging out in the neighbour's yards again. But it is a really cute wind chime.
Not sure what these flowers are, but they're kind of cool and I planted them in the spring.
Love the flocks.
A few of the horses from up the road.
They enjoy grazing in the field.
A bend along the river.


Well must drink my coffee, expect the rest of the household will be up for shortly and my quiet time will be over.
Enjoy your day!







2 comments:

  1. You can not beat those early mornings when the house is yours and all is quiet and peacful. Ironic the journal paasage on the hair and i had mine done yesterday :) lol...like your grandmother I am always critical at first then much better the follwoing day when I can do it myself. Loved it yestrday but I know that I can never fluff it like they do. This morning was interesting as i tried and failed yet again but atleast I used the blowdryer. Sorry I am going on and on....thank you for the treats they look awesome can't wait till the belly settles then I am diving in :) Have a good day and MAKE it productive......

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny. I misread the "bend in the river" and thought it said "bear along the river" so I just spent the better part of 5 minutes looking for the bear. :-)

    ReplyDelete