Thursday, August 16, 2012

Day 229 - 16th August 2012 - Wild Ducks and Lexi

Thursday - what will today bring, guess we'll have to wait and see. Have lots to do and have to make a trip to the Registry of Deeds for some research. Suppose to be another hot day but turning to rain later this afternoon.

Lexi and I had a great day yesterday despite the grueling heat - +32.1 here in the afternoon. We let the problems of past and future days disappear for a while, restoring energy to fight the battle.  Made a pan of brownies for a friends birthday which is coming up soon, some light house work and the morning was gone. We walked through the woods to the lake around lunch time, at least in the woods it's shaded.

The bright sunlight filters through the trees to leave stripes along the path.
Not sure who was more startled them or us, but these two flew off.
But not this lady, she stayed.
She seemed to be quite interested in Lexi, and called for some friends to come over.
Here, ducks, ducks, ducks, come play with me!
And here they come!
I counted about 12 altogether, Nancy said there were a lot over her way in the afternoon.
Just hanging around, enjoying life!
They came a little closer.
We loved watching the ducks.
Ok, time to head home, I'm tired and need to crawl up and nap in Dad's chair before he comes home from work this afternoon.
Well I've slept in a bit this morning, so must get things moving and shaking before it's time to go to work. Enjoy your day!












1 comment:

  1. Such a beautiful girl, Princess Lexi :) Glad you had a day to re-energize and re-boot, I am in full blown wedding mode....somebody shootme or sign me into to Dartmouth Psych ward. Hmmmm brownies for a friend's birthday mine isn't until the 9th of September....should I put in a special request as I am sure the brownies were not meant for me lol that made you laugh and again if I have been successful in having one other human smile then my day will not have been a waste. Leave with you these words: "If it doesn't kill us it makes us stronger" or another one "Kill em all and let God sort em out" I will let you choose your motto for the day. Have a good day my friend.

    ReplyDelete