Saturday, August 25, 2012

Day 238 - 25th August 2012 - Tomatoes, Dory Man and Sunsets

Saturday -  up a little too early. Enjoying a cup of coffee and quiet time and Lexi starts barking and growling upstairs. Just what you want when you have company, who unlike me is probably sound asleep. There are days that Lexi is not a princess. I don't know what the problem was but she was standing looking out my shoe room window. Probably a deer roaming around. Off to town this morning for groceries and a trip to King St Tim-B-Mart to pick up supplies.

A pretty good day at work yesterday but I'm glad the week is over. My brother in law the plumber arrived in the afternoon, so guess what we are doing this weekend? So all evening Larry and Chris have been measuring, counting and making a list of what they will need to pick up in the morning to do the job. It's really like having two little boys playing.  We are running new pipes throughout the house. We've got the old copper pipes and you know we've sprung a few leaks so now is the time. Sounds like we might just get the basement, laundry room and kitchen done this weekend. The upstairs bathroom is another whole story. Floor needs to be ripped up [pipes are under that] and I want to put in a new sink and a shower. So my job this weekend is probably food and paying the bills.
Larry brought me home these four tomatoes from the garden, they really are huge. They'll rippen up in the house.
It was beautiful on the lake yesterday morning.
A dory man in the country...um...think he must be lost.
This pair of ducks are like sillhoutes flying over the lake.
Sky over the other lake was a beautiful pink.
Shades of yellow.
Even saw a couple of beavers.
A sliver of moon sits among the tops of the trees.
Behind the trees  you can see the brilliant colors as the sun says goodnight.
Well I think that crazy dog may have calmed down and gone back to bed. An exciting day in Sherri's life today - finally the time has come for her daughter to be married. Best of luck my friend. And Best Wishes for a long and Happy Marriage together Jacki and Shane!
Enjoy your day everyone!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Thank you taking the time to send me good vibes on such a busy weekend for you as well!!! You would have been proud no snotting and sobbing I thought what would Big Sista do!! I bit my bottom lip, held my shoulders back head high and enjoyed every moment even when Billy pretty well cut the circulation off in my hand. It was an awesome day and although you weren't there physically you were there in my heart and in jacki's(also in her belly chocolate zuchinni cake lol) <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knew it would help!! Spirit is sometimes just as good!

      Delete