Thursday, August 9, 2012

Day 222 - 9th August 2012 - Wheat, The Lake and Feathers

Ah, it's Thursday, the work week is getting closer to the end. Got up just after 5am and I could still see a few stars in the sky, I knew daylight was starting to come later these days. At least my neck feels somewhat better this morning.  Hopefully today will be  a productive day, better tackle some research and financial work. Need to get July posted and balanced, still have some books to go through and cull, also have to go to the Registry of Deeds this week (maybe tomorrow for that one). Colin will soon be finished so have to make good use of his help while he's still around too.

Yesterday was my day off. Lexi and I kind of puddled around doing some lazy housework and enjoying the fine day. Had tea with Lois' later in the morning as Lexi and I were out for our walk. It was so peaceful and quiet on her deck you could have nodded off. Later on I moved my neck really fast and wrenched something, I could hear crunch, crunch - guessing that's not a good thing. Man did it really throb all evening.
She has a lovely view from her deck.
Seems Lois' is growing some wheats in her garden.
Beautiful asiatic lily hiding among the ornamental grasses.
No ducks in sight but there were a few feathers floating around, so they've been here.
Lexi and I spent a little time playing and wadding in the lake. I need to get a swim suit.
The yellow water lilies seem to be in closer. I see a few white ones but they are out further in the lake.
Picture perfect as always!
Sometimes it's kind of neat to stand in the lake and look at the shore.
These flowers opened up today and are really pretty, just wish I could remember what they were.
Guess I better check emails and play my turn in scrabble. Enjoy your day.











1 comment:

  1. Have an awesome day my friend....beautiful photos from Lois's garden...I like the wheat :) so it is decided that today will be productive for both of us and God help the person who tries to prevent it from being productive(call me I am ready to vent lol )

    ReplyDelete