Friday, August 3, 2012

Day 216 - 3rd August 2012 - Clouds in the Lake and Glads

Well it's Friday again, where does the week go, almost as fast as the weekends lately. Hopefully today will be our last day of the "deep" clean at the centre. Not sure Colin and I can stand much more, Laura went back to her real job today  to get a rest I think. Seems funny, but I had her as a summer student for three years when she was in University and I was her boss and now she graduated and out in the work world,  she's our President and the roles are reversed - she's my boss. Next month I'll have been there nine years, so I've gone through a few summer students - most of which were very good kids and have gone on to become great adults. It's also the Society's  25th Anniversary year, which is pretty memorable as well.

Another busy weekend coming up, we have friends getting married Saturday night, and I'm doing photos. Checked out the church and lighting the other night and it's going to be difficult to shoot in there and get good pics, but we'll do our best. Short of hanging upside down from the ceiling, not sure how I'll find enough space to take anything momentous. It's a lovely little church [key word little] in the country. Am going to plan on doing some before hand in their yard along the river. I should be able to gather everyone up before going to the church. I think this will be our last busy weekend for a few weeks!

Yesterday was rainy most of the day, cleared off late afternoon. I took a short walk after supper and enjoyed the lake. Had every intention of heading back down later to catch the full moon but when I looked out just before 9pm, there was heavy cloud cover, so gave up on the idea, or I might have just been feeling a bit lazy by then.
Hardly a ripple in the water.
Not upside down, just a reflection in the water. Sometimes I think the clouds are prettier there then in the sky!




Lots of big fluffy clouds last evening.
The boats sit silently along the side of the lake.
Another of the Glads are beginning to open. Looks like a coral color.
Water droplets on the yellow glads.


Well I certainly need another coffee, since I'm up a wee bit early. Enjoy your day!


.






2 comments:

  1. interexsting that we have both been purging.....I think I may be a hoarder ughhhh On a more serious note...I am sure the photos will be gorgeous as you have a good eye. The reflection of the clouds on the water actually are beautiful and the reason you like that so much is "the reflection" brings the clouds closer to us....

    ReplyDelete