Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Day 242 - 29th August 2012 - Wildflowers, Funky Hummingbird, Hole in a Tree

Day off! Rah!! Maybe I spoke to soon, when I think about the work that needs to be done around here. A good plan would be to get everything done early this morning then Lexi and I could just chill out and enjoy the weather and take some photos around the neighbourhood!

Tuesday went right along as planned. Got my number chrunching done [budget - yuk], the research report finished off and another one started. Rained off and on all day. Hated to leave home in the morning, it had thundered a bit and poor Lexi was not very happy about me leaving. She's really afraid of the noise. She seemed to have recovered when we got home supper time, probably forgot about it faster than I did when I saw that pitiful face looking at me through the window in the door as I left.
Not sure what these yellow flowers are, but they really brighten up the corner where I see them.












A closer view.
Tree tops among the clouds.
Kind of a funky looking hummingbird, but really pretty once the sun goes down and he lights up.
Butterfly and Bumble bee share the end of the butterfly bush.
 
Think this hole is getting larger, wonder what lives there?
Well must go look through the cookbooks and decide what to bake today. Although right now I'm feeling like something fast and simple. Enjoy your day!
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment