Saturday, August 11, 2012

Day 224 - 11th August 2012 - Ducks, Buoys and Red Glads

Saturday and the weekend begins. I could hear the rain coming down hard when I got up this morning. The weather forecast is for thunder/lightning both today and tomorrow. I overheard someone the other day saying that what we needed was a good thunder/lightning storm to clear the air of the humidity. It's another one of those old folks beliefs, hopefully it will work this time. Of course that also means I'll have a freaked out dog if it storms. All the dogs I've had over the years and this is the first one that has been afraid of storms. I guess it's not all that uncommon. Also looks like we won't get any running around taking photos this weekend, guess it will be a couple days inside doing things. Maybe a couple of hours curled up with a book will pass some time.

Friday came and went, lots done. Colin and I sorted through 60 years of newspapers, 23 more years to do on Monday! Next week will be super busy, since it's Colin's last week. I wonder where the summer has gone.
The wild ducks were around yesterday morning. I have to stand quietly in the bushes along the lake to catch them.
The tame ducks were playing further out in the lake, like silhouettes against the water.
The sun was breaking through the haze and it turned out to be another hot, humid day.
I was far away from this, but it looks too big for a duck, maybe a loon.
I like the colorful buoys in the harbour almost as much as the sail boats.
I've got red Glads almost in bloom!



Hopefully the rain won't beat them all to pieces before the completely open.
Time for another coffee and make a grocery list. Enjoy your day!







No comments:

Post a Comment