Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Day 221 - 8th August 2012 - Cobwebs, the Lake and Harbour

It's the middle of the week - hump day as it's called. Not sure what we have on the go for today, but I imagine I'll find something interesting to get into. The weather man has promises for another warm day.
Tuesday was another very hot day. Wish the humidity would drop some. Had a nice lunch with some girls I went to school with. Started to get some normal work done at the centre, and finish tidying up around. Lexi and I went for a walk after supper, has summer begun to fade? I didn't see or hear any birds and the wildflowers have turned to berries. Autumn is probably my favourite season, but I'm not quite ready for it to arrive yet.
Feeling a little restless lately, think this weekend we may need to take a trip to the beach or somewhere with a different view. Not that I'm getting tired of seeing the same thing, but...
Some words from Grandmother:
7 August 1972 -
Not a very good day, looked like rain all day. Bob went to town early. Ivy, Jim, Fran, Al, Kim and I went to Roberts Island. Had dinner with Vida and Alfred. Hand a really good time. I drove everyone in the van. Bobby stayed home. Got home 10 about. Bob listening to game R.S. [Red Sox] and Cleveland. Radio noisy. 6-2 Cleveland. Blew real hard all night. Lightning flashed in distance.
8 August 1972 -
Nasty day, a few showers. Not enough to do any good. Very humid. Also blowing quite hard. Worked all day. Fran and Chalis went to Barrington wanted me to go. Decided to stay home and work. Made Brown Bread. Fran & Chalis had an upsetting day. Margaret acted up. Joan went with them. Jack and boys went tramping and camping. Not a good night. Thank goodness they came back.

Cobwebs on the cranberries - and yes it turned out hot just as they predict.
The sun glistened across the lake this morning and the sky was full of clouds.
Not the lake - but the harbour.
Clouds looked pretty dark on the harbour but they soon lightened up.


Well it will soon be time for the rest of the household to rise. Enjoy your day!







1 comment:

  1. Love the " words from your Grandmother" ironic that rain was needed then and it was humid..... nice photos I especially like the one with the red berry so prominently displayed against the greenery. Happy HUMP day and here's to Friday getting here not soon enough :)

    ReplyDelete