Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Day 341 - 6th December 2016 - Downy Woodpecker, White Breasted Nuthatch and Golden Crown Kinglet

Big fluffy snowflakes are coming down this morning, drifting slowly to the ground. I guess that's a sign that the baking should begin! I've more or less got my list of things to make done and hopefully all the ingredients. It's usually a week long event in the kitchen with the music cranked up - this in another  of my favourite things about the holidays. Love the baking, and it all gets given away to family and friends.  I might steal a piece or two of fudge. Growing up I can remember shortbread cookies (my favs), fruitcake cookies, gingerbread men and a few others but mostly Mom and my Grandmothers made various kinds of fruit cake.  Mom still does a few fruitcakes but I never learned the fine art of producing those. Traditions change, I don't think many people make or like them anymore.  Had a good road trip yesterday with Margie, weather was fine and I managed to cross a few more things off my shopping list. Exercise class rounded the day out, must try to get in a walk today before the aches and pains kick in.
 Downy Woodpecker
 White Breasted Nuthatch
Golden Crown Kinglet - hiding in the branches.







Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment