Sunday, June 29, 2014

Day 180 - 29th June 2014 - Spotted Sandpiper, Butterfly Bush and Kingfisher

Looks like another beauty of a day coming our way. The sun has cast a pinking glow on the clouds in the sky. It's lovely out there with all the birds singing. No idea what today will bring, more wood for Larry I'm sure, a little housework for me and then hopefully we can disappear somewhere for a few hours this afternoon. Have a yearning to go to the beach and see if there are any shorebirds around.
A beautiful day in the hood. Saturday was great even though we didn't get too far. Larry worked in the woodpile til lunch time. By then it was too hot. After grabbing a bite to eat we headed to town to do the grocery shopping, but first visited with friends for most the afternoon who were camping at the park. Nice to see so much activity there, lots of people were camping this weekend. Everything from tents to big rigs that had pop up screened - in sunrooms on their roof. Some of these campers are fancier than houses. After supper we took Lexi and went for a walk up some back roads in the woods, first one we nearly got run over by an ATV. I really have a strong dislike of those machines and wish they would outlaw them or burn them all. I can't understand why people can't enjoy the woods instead of destroying it. And to boot, there were 4-5 young fellows on it with no helmets.
 My catch for the day - Mother Spotted Sandpiper ...
and at least 2 chicks, maybe 3. I didn't want to disturb her too much. I just let her "distract" me away from where the little ones were.










 A perfect morning on the lake.
 A few Chickadees were nabbing breakfast.
 Frog bubbles!
 A White Admiral butterfly.
 My butterfly bush looks great, I'm thinking the Humming Birds might like it too.
 Sheep Laurel.
Kingfisher who at least stood still, but was still too far away.










Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment