Monday, June 16, 2014

Day 167 - 16th June 2014 - Piping Plover, Savannah Sparrows and a Yellow Iris

Here we are back at Monday and the work week again. Looks like it might clear off, birds are singing. Monday mornings I sleep til the alarm goes off, on the weekend, I'm up before daybreak.  Lots to do this week, but not frantic like last week thank goodness. Just the norm of getting caught up and some research projects finished off.
Sunday was great, rain held off most of the day so we did get some things done around the yard, I got in my morning walk and we took off after lunch for Cape Island. Nothing really on our mind but to see a few shorebirds. Walked along Daniel's Head beach and wow - Larry spied a Piping Plover - lifer for me.  We stopped at West Head Take Out - Clams & Chips were fabulous. If you haven't been there get going!!
 Once again the Magnolia Warbler evaded me among the leaves. I'll get him soon.
 My Yellow Iris' have begun to bloom.

 Piping Plover - Yah!

 There were lots of Savannah Sparrows around.
 And they seemed happy to pose.

 He found a worm or grub of some kind.
This one has lunch too.












Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment