Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Day 169 - 18th June 2014 - Frog, Dories and Wild Strawberries.

It's Lexi's birthday today, glad I'm home to celebrate with her. She's 6 years old - well a very young 6 that is. Rain for today and it doesn't look too far off. Guess it's going to be mostly an inside day for us. I've got lots to do around the house, will free up time for outdoors on the weekend.
Tuesday was nice, a bit of a breeze most of the day, but the mosquitoes are still bad in the hood when I'm out walking. The weekend rain just made them worse - a little water creates a breading ground for them. I saw the Great Blue Heron in the harbour again as I was heading for my morning tea at the Beandock. Beginning to see a few tourist around  town as well, summer is upon us.

 One of those clear and perfect mornings on the lake.
 Hiding among the reeds.
The Great Blue Heron was in the harbour again. Seems to be a regular visitor this year.
 Love the look of the Dory's reflections.

 Both the purple and the yellow Iris' are in bloom.
Wild Strawberries are ready for picking!










Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment