Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Day 155 - 4th June 2014 - Great Blue Heron, Ferns and Clematis

Up early - because it's my day off I guess, who knows! Overcast out there this morning, no sun shining through the trees. Suppose to have a little drizzle. Going to make a berry trifle this morning for our fundraiser this evening, fingers crossed we have a decent turn out. Working for a non-profit organization means fundraising, fundraising. I sometimes think I spent more time doing that than the work I should be, but that's life. It's really hard to get people to become active and help out. Must be careful or I'll be on a rant. I guess if it's going to be a drizzly kind of day I'll get some well needed housework done. Of course I'm sure I'll get a few trips around the hood.
Tuesday was another beautiful day on the weather front. Went in early with Larry so I could meet up with someone and get  help labeling a few of the photos. Managed to get the display finished and up - rah! Now to just get through the "Dessert and Display" this evening. Will be glad when the week is over. I was drained on Tuesday by the time I got home. Wonder why everything has to happen at the same time. A walk after supper didn't reveal much.
 This Great Blue Heron was in the Harbour yesterday morning. Monique and I watched him as he took off and re-landed further down on the reef.




Definitely very cool to watch him.












 The ferns are certainly growing.
The Nellie Moser Clematis that Lois gave me is in bloom.










Enjoy your day!

1 comment: