Sunday, June 15, 2014

Day 166 - 15th June 2014 - Rain Drops and Flowers

Happy Father's Day to the best dad in the world! A little foggy and overcast out there this morning, hoping it may clear and we can get on a little road trip today. The first weekend we've been free to hit the beach and explore the shorelines or maybe our day will take us further inland to country roads. Who knows.

Rained hard yesterday morning, but then cleared. I had started some housework but then got easily distracted with the weather so decided to head out for my walk. Larry was working around the yard and the kitchen garden. When I got home decided since it was clear we'd head to town. He's trimming some tree limbs at Mom & Dad's that are hanging over their garage and I headed to Frenchy's. After gathering up a basket full I felt like "Goldilocks"  in the change room - too big, too small, not right. I did settle on a couple pairs of shorts, a pair of capris and a top. Was really looking for a dress as we have three weddings beginning in August to attend. I've still got some time. I refuse to spent a small fortune for something I will only wear once or twice, so this is the way to go. Picked up some groceries and headed home, rain started again around supper time and my internet played up all evening.


It was a morning of raindrops Saturday.
 Not a great shot but you can see the little Yellow Rumped Warbler - he jumped down in the grass and found himself a bug.
 He was very proud and flitted right back up in a tree.
 Lots of wet leaves.
 Weed I think but I like the texture.
 This is from Mom's flower beds and I'm not sure what it's called but I know someone will be able to help me name it.
One of her Iris'. They are simply stunning.






Enjoy your day!









No comments:

Post a Comment