Monday, June 9, 2014

Day 160 - 9th June 2014 - Pollen, Ovenbird and Twin Flowers

Here we are back at Monday again and work. I'm aiming for a great week with positive news and decisions. Today I'll get the left overs from the Yard Sale cleaned up and work on reports, etc for the AGM tomorrow night. Then I can get back into catching up with some research. Exercise class tonight, need to get myself back into the swing of that.
Another beautiful summer day. Flies were really bad in the morning though - mosquitoes, black flies and spanish flies. I think the temperature was at least +28. Glad we enjoyed it on the weekend as it looks like a wet week coming up, well it is Nova Scotia and weather can change in the blink of an eye. Wish I could distinguish all the bird songs like my Grandmother could, she was able to name them all off by ear without ever seeing the birds. I guess practice makes perfect. Other than the flies it was nice on my walk yesterday morning listening to the various songs and looking at the wildflowers as some were leaving us for another year and some soon coming in to bloom. Funny how those kind of memories can transport me back to my childhood.
 Fabulous morning on the lake. The Pine pollen is laying on the water around the shore line.

 Weigela -  pretty pink blossoms.


 Here are the tiny Twin Flowers.
Those Red-Eyed Vireos are driving me crazy.

 Finally the Ovenbird showed himself, I've been listening to him nearly every day on my walk. He sings "Teacher, Teacher".











Enjoy your day!

1 comment: