Thursday, June 12, 2014

Day 163 - 12th June 2014 - Iris', Red-Eyed Vireos, Cedar Waxwings and Leaves

Have overslept a bit this morning, didn't wake til the alarm went off, but mostly because we didn't get a lot of sleep last night. Lexi was barking at something - either cats fighting or deer in the yard. This is a normal summer occurrence - groan.  Am expecting a good day at the office - lots to do but I'm up to the challenge now.
Wednesday was one of the best days I've had in a very long time. I'm thinking finally my Mind - Body - Spirit have all reconnected. Sun was shining and very warm, all was right with the world. Didn't manage to get too much done in the house spent most of the day outside. Roamed the hood a lot but I did take time to plant my basil and some bulbs I still had. Last evening the latest addition of the Nova Scotia Bird Society newsletter came out and my Townsends Solitaire photo was in it. That was pretty exciting too. He was a rarity I caught in Lois' yard last winter.
Bunchberry  Flowers are still in bloom.
The Yellow-Rumped Warbler hung out a bit with me.
I was so ecstatic when this Red-Eyed Vireo posed for me and actually stayed around for a few minutes where I could catch him.
Mother Mallard and her three babies sunning on the dock.

Lois' Magnolia is in bloom - fabulous flowers.
I think this was one of my favourite photos yesterday morning.
The Iris' are beginning to bloom. Love their deep rich colors.

I found a pair of Cedar Waxwings in the woods. He was courting her. On different limbs, they sat, he would catch a bug, hop down to her limb and give it to her. She instantly gobbled it up. A courting ritual - Love!














Enjoy your day!

1 comment:

  1. I have a lone Iris by the trout pond and lots of lupins....(4) lol it took over 20 years of scattering seeds to get them to finally show up but each year more and more are greating me. I actually love the foliage as much as the flower. Have a productive day and perhaps you should sell some of that Zen juice :)

    ReplyDelete