Saturday, June 21, 2014

Day 172 - 21st June 2014 - Clover, Lily Pads, Chickadee and Blossoms

Today is the summer solstice or the first official day of summer. The longest day of the year for us to enjoy the sunshine and it should be a nice day. This afternoon we are off to Upper Clyde to take part in their annual Lobster Boil fundraiser. Lobster, salads and dessert - it's always a fabulous meal. Some time we have to fit in groceries, I'll head out for my walk around the hood this morning and I'm sure Larry will work in the garden or woodpile.
Friday turned out to be a fine day with a breeze, kept the mosquitoes down to a dull roar on my morning walk. Heard some birds high in the trees as usual but few that wanted to come down to where I am. I have decided that they aren't moving as early in the morning as they used too. They seem to be more active toward the end of my walk. Book keeping is all caught up to date, our treasurer was in for the day so we got that stuff all done. Great to have another thing crossed off. We had a great lunch at the Beandock. Finished the day off with a lazy Friday evening at home.
 Pink Clover in the morning light.
 Would have been a nice day to be home and around the lake.
 I know you are probably tired of him, but he's a lot more co-operative than the birds lately.
 Lily pads.
 Even a Chickadee wasn't friendly.
Blackberry blossoms.









Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment