Sunday, June 8, 2014

Day 159 - 8th June 2014 - Lupins, Hawk, and Orange Leaves

I can see the sun breaking through the trees this morning, Chickadees and Song Sparrows are singing their hearts out. Looks like we are in for a great day. Too bad Larry will be stuck inside all day taking a Food Handler's course. Too bad it couldn't have been scheduled back in March when no one really cared if they were giving up a fine day. Lexi and I will roam the hood and do some work inside and out.
Saturday was an overall nice day.  Had a good walk in the morning and spent 40 minutes trying to coax a Common Yellow-throated Warbler out of hiding to no avail. I thought they were suppose to be curious! He sang and sang or maybe he was just laughing at me making silly noises. Did some housework, Larry whipper snipped around the yard, then it was off to town to work our shift at the Yard Sale. Groceries and a stop to see my visiting Brother.  After supper I tried for another walk but got caught in a a down pour. It was one of those where you could see blue sky in one direction and dark ugly clouds in another. It did produce a rainbow over the lake which I missed. Larry got some of the tomatoes and peppers transplanted to the garden. Seems we are a little late but things will catch up, I'm sure.
 Orange leaves already??
 Lupins are pretty along the side of the road.
 Broad-winged Hawk flew over me several times on my morning walk.

 There were three big stands of Lady Slippers in one spot.
Another beautiful Rhododendron in Lois' garden.

 Iris' will be open this week.
 After the rain.
Another Lupin. The colors are brilliant.









Enjoy your day!

2 comments: