Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Day 31 - 31st January 2012 - Out of the Darkness Comes Light

A cold morning, the temperature is -8.5. Perhaps it was a good thing I got up at 3:15am and caught the furnace before it went out. A few more logs on the fire. I awoke from a nightmare around 3, perhaps I would have gone back to sleep, but then I realized I was in the middle of dream, so sleep would not return. What's more disturbing is that it's the second night in a row, but I didn't remember that until after I was awake. One thing I have discovered this morning is that as an adult, the nightmare was just as real as those you have as a child.  So it was easier to get up; finish the book I was reading and do some computer work. A nap will probably be in order this afternoon.

The temperature has dropped to -9.3 and it's only 8:15am! The sun looks good and may warm it up some. Thought I would chase the demons away with some nice light, so put on my winter boots [big green ones with felt liners], threw on a hoodie, jacket, my orange toque and mitts over my pj's and headed down to take some photos in front of a neighbours house by the lake! Truthfully I wouldn't make a fashion model on the runways of Paris in this get up! I would have stayed longer but was losing the feeling in my fingers and my socks were coming off!

Larry says he's finishing up most of the cupboard today - currently it has walls and one door! I've almost completed Karen's latest section on Water St. so I guess I will move on to my report.
Here's what I saw this morning:

Just enough glow for the trees to reflect in  stripes of water and ice.










The sun is coming up further and the soft glow is getting stronger.













A branch glistening with ice; the sun rises a bit more.














Still a little darkness in the cove, but getting brighter on the other side of the lake.













The sun is round now and throwing a straight path through the lake.















































Too bright now to shoot directly into the sun, so I've used it to cast light from the side.














As I was posting the photos and thinking about the night and morning, a quote came to mind "Out of the Darkness Comes Light".
Enjoy your day and the sunshine - let it lift your spirits!

2 comments:

  1. It has lifted my spirits....and the fact that the blog is early ....even better. The glow of the sun rising is almost like a temptress saying "warmer soon" but then a harsh reality of the ice glistening on the branch. Lol but you know the sun is gaining more and more strength. Gotta love her and the fact that she brings a smile to so many faces!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knew that would make you happy this morning! Now you can have a bright and happy day!

      Delete