Friday, January 20, 2012

Day 20 - 20th January 2012 - Remembering Snowdays

Hey it's only -5.6, an improvement from yesterday, and it's Friday once again for you Monday to Friday working folks! A definite countdown to the weekend. Today I've got to catch up with some of the work around the house since I seem to have been on the run most of the week. Dust, dirt and laundry will always wait for you - it never seems to go away on it's own. Larry's making great headway on the kitchen floor, looks like he's got it almost 1/2 done - that it itself is creating more dust and dirt, but I'm not complaining since it was my idea and it will look so much better when it's done! On my wish list after that is a small island or ell off the end of the kitchen cupboard if I can scrape up some cash flow for that project. Ummmmm he just might have some of the necessary supplies in that workshop of his and I've got a gift card from the Hardware store so it just might happen. I'll check out some ideas on Pinterest later. If you haven't been on Pinterest it's kind of interesting and neat, I'm not right with it yet, but lots of people seem to be addicted all ready. It's a site full of pics of ideas and likes - everything you can imagaine - recipes, weddings, home diy, photograpy and so on posted on boards and you can "repin" things of interest to your own board.

It started snowing around 8am, so now everything is covered, a nice clean coat of snow. The flakes are getting a bit bigger, but still coming down pretty quickly.

Do you remember snow days as children? Mom would dress each of us in our snowsuits, mine was either red or burgundy, the boys had navy and green or brown. They consisted of bibbed snowpants with a jacket, then boots, mittens and hats [always
handknit - never store bought] and then your hood was pulled up and tied under your chin. Out we would go three little rolley pollies to play. Build snow men, make snowballs and roll around in the wonderous white stuff. However, seems to me it wasn't long and someone would have to pee, back in the house and undo all the gear! You would get more worn out from dressing and undressing than playing! I don't even know if they make snowsuits like that anymore. But it was fun and even better if  school had been cancelled!

Now I'm going to send my two children out to play ...... and get back to work! Enjoy the day

3 comments:

  1. Which of the three of you made snow angels? Nevermind, I know the answer!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete