Sunday, January 22, 2012

Day 22 - 22nd January 2012 - Gone to the Birds!

My digital indoor/outdoor thermometer has gone hinky and only showing dashes for the outside temperature. So either the battery is gone or it's too cold to register; I'm thinking it's the first one. Will get some new batteries in it later today. I'm believing it's pretty cold though, best guess is  -12/-13.  From  other local experts I learned it was actually -15. Brrr cold!

So I've done a little work on Water St. a few things around the house and decided to go for a walk around lunch time. I had a write up started this morning about Sundays, sunday school, etc. but decided to save it for another week. Walked through the woods with my camera and visited with Lois and Danny for a while. The birds were just going nuts over their feeders. So today instead of a lot of words, I'm going to use mostly pictures to tell my story!

I like the way the shadows of the trees play across the path.







I heard this fellow and finally found him up in the tree above my head!











Tracks in the snow, I wonder who was ahead of me!











Both of my grandmothers enjoyed watching and listening to the birds, so I think they would have liked the photos today.  I know I got carried away but........... anyway, enjoy your day!

2 comments:

  1. I guess the shadows liked playing with you as well. I am glad you got to enjoy a little walk today and an opportunity to capture(in photo) the little creatures that your grandparents enjoyed watching so much. I am with Debi, "Bless You and your blog" it is a little escape from the everyday drama :) of life .....

    ReplyDelete