Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Day 3 - 3 January 2012 - A time for work

Well most everyone has gone back to their respective jobs today - holidays are over, no more in sight for a while! That's one of the problems with winter.......... it's long or it seems that way! I'm not actually back to work, but it seems like it, January is always busy with leftovers from December which didn't get done, grant applications to be put together and since I suffer from Volunteeritis [but that's for another day] all those things that need to be done for other organizations. Any day now I expect to receive the latest installments from Karen's hard work on our latest upcoming publication on Water Street, so in anticipation I scanned and sent her some newspaper clippings earlier, just to keep her busy!

On another topic, I've been wondering about something stupid......... maybe someone has an answer. I wear a size 6 shoe not a 7 or 11 but when I buy socks they are one size 6to11, why is that. Now you know if I put a size 11 shoe on it would be too big........ makes sense to me, so where does the heel of these one size socks go............ 1/2 way up my ankle! Maybe someone has a good answer I sure don't so back I go to the dryer in hopes of shrinking the new socks I got for Christmas!

So Wikipedia tells us the following fascinating facts for 3 January 1961 - mostly disasters:
  • At the United States National Reactor Testing Station near Idaho Falls, Idaho, the atomic reactor SL-1 exploded, killing three military technicians.
  • Koivulahti air disaster: A DC-3 flying to Kronoby crashed shortly after takeoff from Vaasa, in the woods at nearby Koivulahti, killing the 22 passengers and 3 crewmembers aboard. A subsequent investigation concluded that both the pilot and co-pilot had been drinking as recently as five hours before takeoff. This remains the worst accident in Finnish aviation history.
  • The 87th United States Congress began.
The photo of the day:

4 comments:

  1. awesome again, good luck with the socks if you can figure that out would you mind figuring out why there is always one sock missing out of the dryer? lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. A tall girl tells me there are issues with pantihose and leotards! So guess I am in good company!LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. As kids, we used to call that stuff in your photo 'Oakum.' We would steal some Vogue rolling papers, roll it, and then sneak out behind the barn and smoke our brains out—pretending we were adults.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would think that would deter anyone from smoking!

    ReplyDelete