Monday, January 9, 2012

Day 9 - 9 January 2012 - Waiting

Temperature is a little cooler this morning with -1.4 but still very acceptable. The clouds and the moon did not co-operate last night, maybe tonight will be better. I was later going out last night than I planned, but when I did look out over the lake all I saw was a little sliver for a brief moment. We had cooked a meat bird that was part of our christmas gift from my Uncle & Aunt for supper. Now meat birds are not one of those little chickens that you get in a grocery store, actually they are closer to the size of some of the turkeys in my freezer! So of course it took longer to cook than we thought - I will say "we" and shoulder part of the blame. Larry is cooking meals most of the time. He's home these days so I get a break from the kitchen.When I am asked "what are we having for supper?" my reply has been "whatever you want to cook". I do the bulk of the meals all year, except on Sundays so I think it's only fair to share all that fun. I get the hard days when we are both working and I hate coming home and having to put together a meal, so like to plan ahead and cook ahead. Once it finally got cooked, the meat bird with all the fixings was delicious and leftovers for a few days!

I had great ideas of tackling grant applications this morning, ran into one snag - right off the bat - the first one I looked at wasn't available. So that will go on February's bucket list. Next one - ok, it's different than last year, so I better phone and double check a few things. Left a message and waited.................. Louise called just before dinner, had a great chat with her, now I've gone off the idea of working on the grant. Oh well I did get some of it started and will finish tomorrow morning.  While I was waiting, I looked at the next one, umm, they put a lot of effort into that application........ nothing much to fill in. Am waiting to see how they are ever going to decide who gets them. Guess they will draw names out of a hat. So I got that one done, just needs to be printed off. I did get some other work done on pending projects, but it didnt' feel like I accomplished much for starting out with good intentions. I'm sure I spent 1/2 of the day on the telephone. Well some days are like that! Not to dispair there is always tomorrow.......

Took a quick walk this afternoon, the lake looked so neat with the long dark shadows from the trees.
If you look down in the left hand corner you will see my little shadow!










2 comments:

  1. You did accomplish some of what you started out to do, and there is always tomorrow. Interesting how your shadow looks so small compared to the shadows of the trees reflecting off the water. The shadows look omnious(no dictionary near to check spelling lol) like something from a Stephen King novel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am just a little clog in the big world, Sherri!

    ReplyDelete