Saturday, January 21, 2012

Day 21 - 21 January 2012 - A Very Dull Day

Another cold morning, temperature is -11. Yesterday afternoon it finished snowing and the sun came out, was rather pretty - the sparkle on the snow. After shovelling out some dirt, dust and catching up on the laundry I went out for a walk and stopped to visit and have tea with a friend, catching up on this and that. A quiet evening in; reading and watching tv with an early bedtime. Morning came too early so I finished the book I fell to sleep reading last night.

Either today or tomorrow, we'll make the pilgrimage to town to pick up the weekly staples of bread, milk and whatever else we may be out of. Karen sent me a draft of one of the Water St. blocks so will read through that and see what else we need for info and who we can contact. Some days are just so exciting! Our Hall is having a games night this evening but it's not really my thing, I enjoy playing cards, but at the kitchen table with four people, not at the hall with a large group. I find the noise level bothers me and I can't hear 100%, so I'll probably stay home. Larry will have to go to work so he'll be there. At this point, I guess the day is rather open to see what happens.

We did go to town, picked up provisions; got gas and went to the post office. On the way home we saw a huge owl fly across the road and land in a tree where he sat ......... no I did not have my camera! Probably one of the few times I haven't taken it with me lately. Hindsight is 20/20. Home again, had some lunch, answered some emails and returned a few phonecalls. More info on Water st. coming in. Great! It started snowing again this afternoon, so I took the baggie cam to get a few pics. You aren't getting anything fantastic today as it's difficult to take photos through a ziploc bag successfully. I think this is probably the dullest day I've had in ages, maybe this evening I'll curl up and read the latest Water St. section Karen sent me and polish off that box of chocolate with a nice cup of hot chocolate!


Winter flowers?






Snowing on the lake today.

2 comments:

  1. Nice to know that our days are very similar!! To the grocery store a few staples, eggs, milk, bread, dog food and CANNED cat food. Miss Priss had been laying by the portable phone and I swear she was trying to call SPCA or pet projects because I refused to get her any more canned food!! I gave in and decided to let her have a little each day. She was an SPCA cat, we have had her for 11 years and they thought she was about a year old when we got her. Needless to say she rules the roost and sashes around like she is royalty. Kasey who is 85lbs respectfully is scared to death of her lol. I am sitting by the fire with no big plans either. Might just open the cover on my Patricia Cornwell book "Red Mist". I have had it for a few weeks but if I read it then I have to wait atleast another year for her next book. So I tease myself for a while, then give in and read it until it is finished!! It was good to see you through the window today. Can't believe I didn't run into you at the store. I had a good upper body workout pushing the cart through the icey parking lot :) Have a good evening :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy your book! Brother and I were hiding down one of the aisles talking - I think it was where they keep the pepto, etc so not widely used!LOL! At the age of 12 she should be able to eat what she demands!

    ReplyDelete