Sunday, January 29, 2012

Day 29, 29th January 2012 - A Herd of Ducks

A mild morning, temperature is  +2.3. We are all up early this morning, our turn to work the breakfast at the Fire hall this morning. Hoping we have a good turn out. By the time we get cleaned all back up it'll be lunch time when we get home. Maybe it will just be a lazy afternoon, who knows.

It was a very busy morning  - I think we had around 90 people to the breakfast! I must be thinner after all that running. So what did I do after - tossed a load of laundry in the washer - we do tend to smell like a very large strip of bacon after doing the breakfast! and went for a walk over to Lois & Danny's. A beautiful day with the feel of march winds, their bird feeders are always busy, but we found more than that today. As Lois said "A Herd of Ducks"(this put us  into such laughter I couldn't take any pics for a few minutes)  in the lake we [meaning Danny] counted 32 mallards, what a show they were putting on, swimming along the edge of the ice since most of the lake is open again, playing on the ice. Today was the day I wished for a Canon Rebel with one of those big long lenses! All in all I did get a few good photos from a distance with my fuji [which most days I truly love].  Here goes:











































The take off - they are gone again!

Seems like Sundays are made up of mostly photos, but thats probably ok, since I sometimes get tired of talking [anyone that knows me - do not say a word!]. Enjoy the rest of this beautiful day!

3 comments:

  1. You tired of talking, I almost fell out of my chair lol. Glad you had a good turn out for the breakfast. Your pictures were beautiful. I had a "herd of geese" to gaxe upon this morning and I lost count after 200!!! Of course my camera was at the shop so no photos but I am here doing a little office work and plan on takingthe camera home with me. Have a great day and thanks for postingthe blog so early :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to come take pics of your gaggle of geese some time!LOL!!

      Delete
  2. Thanks, I've added you, you have a great blog!

    ReplyDelete