Thursday, January 19, 2012

Day 19 - 19th January 2012 - Meeting Day

The temperature is -8.9 this morning, hard to believe such a difference from yesterday morning. I woke up at 5am, feeling much more refreshed and better than when I went to bed last night. A new day! I enjoy having and hour or so to myself in the morning, the peacefulness of the house, although I do like to see the sun come up earlier, but before you know it that will happen. It gives me time to reflect and plan the day, have a cup of coffee and get my brain around the day and do some computer work; sometimes just catch up on my turns of Lexulous and Scrabble with Susan. Even as a child I don't remember sleeping in, always an earlier riser. My brothers on the hand could sleep half of the day away and never wanted to get up for school. As I got older I could burn the candles at both ends, rising early and going to bed late, now it's the old saying - "early to bed early to rise".

This morning I'm heading to the Deeds office to do some research for our Water St. book, so Karen will have some more info to process and write up on the weekend. Then I've got a meeting at 11:30 with 3 other great gals - Kim, Susan and Rebecca who all work with other organizations. Last year we partnered and produced Community Talks, this year we are doing the same.  They are an evening of talks by guest speakers featuring various topics and open to the public to enjoy. Lots of fun.

This afternoon I have to be back home for a teleconference with a board [Council of Nova Scotia Archives] I sit on. So a day of meetings. Technology is a wonderful thing, Some months we meet in Halifax and other months to save travelling and money via teleconference from the comfort of our offices or homes.  So that's pretty well my day mapped out.

Pleased to say the day went well, did a little research, had a great meeting, then another great meeting! Today was a much calmer day, happy to report.

The lake was pretty this morning as I walked over to catch a ride in town with Nancy. It was brisk but a good morning for a short walk since there was no wind then.












A lone marker in the harbour. Brrrr that water looks cold and the wind had picked up on the water front later this morning.



The Shelburne County Museum - part of the Museum complex which includes the Ross Thomson House and the Dory Shop. They are both closed for the season but the Museum has winter hours and has some great displays. If you're looking for something do to - check it out! This is where I had a meeting this morning. The photo's a bit dark, but it's located on Dock Street.


Enjoy your evening, looks like it's going to be another chilly night, snuggle up and keep warm!

1 comment:

  1. Glad you had a better/productive day and it shows in the photos!! Brr that water looks cold, and speaking of snuggling Kasey just crawled up on the love seat to be close. I suppose Lexi will be doing the same.

    ReplyDelete