Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Day 10 - 10 January 2012 - Moon and Sunrises

Last night on his way to darts, Larry hollers in - "the moon is good tonight you should go get a picture", you know by this time I'm in my pj's planning a night in front of the TV and my laptop but I thought let's do it. So I throw on my jacket and boots, grab my camera and flashlight and head down to the boat ramp. And yes there is the moon in all it's glory, shinning brightly over the lake. I have not yet mastered the art of night photography and I know the best are to be taken with a tri-pod but I give it a try. I cheat and set the camera on auto so it does all the hard thinking for me. I've really been trying to use manual - doing my settings according to conditions, etc. But I've come to the conclusion that sometimes auto is good. There are several boats pulled up, and they will make a good rest for my arms in hopes of keeping the camera steady for an acceptable shot. Stumbling around, trying not to fall into a boat or the lake, I get myself positioned and snap a few shots off; so, so but not what I want. I move around to a few other spots and start getting a little happier about what I'm getting and beginning to figure out what I'm doing and up comes that damn battery symbol in the view finder ........ batteries are dead! Oh well I did get a few to share with you and there is always another month with another full moon, Right?

The day has started off too early with temperatures at -2.1 but not terribly cold. Potluck supper to go to this evening, so I need to put something together for that. Potlucks are great, you always get a great combination of food and company. And I'm determined to get a couple of those grant applications out of my hair today. This year seems to be moving as fast as last year, so if I want to get everything done on my bucket list, plus handle the things I'm not expecting which I know will be thrown at me; I need to stick to my guns and get things finished up, as they say one day at a time! I sound determined, might have to read this in six months time, when I'm backlogged with projects and feel like I need an oxygen tank attached to me!

Once the sun started coming up and I could see outside, I decided it would be a good day to go back down to the lake, in my pj's and take a few photos of the sun coming up over the lake. So we sort of have a theme going on - moon rise/sunrise! I throw on my jacket and boots, creep out very quietly as Larry and Lexi are still asleep - they are the nightowls in the family and sleep in when he's not working, I other the other hand have 1/2 the day's work done before they get up! It's quiet and peaceful at this time of day, I hear the neighbour stirring. It's garbage day and I meet him back up on the road as he's putting his out. I managed to get back in the house just before the school bus went by and caught me in a true redneck outfit!
So here are a few of the sunrise..........
  
I like the way the sun and the moon both reflect on the lake. They both shimmer just a little bit. Well it's 9:30am, have 2 of those grant applications done, ham cooked and sliced for tonight, and potatoes and eggs boiling for potato salad. I guess I've fullfilled by obligations for today. Since I've got other things to tend to I'll post this early.......... see ya tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you have accomplished alot and it is still morning!! Hats off to ya do you think you could bottle and sell some of that "am energy" Nice photos I like the reflections as well.

    ReplyDelete