Thursday, January 5, 2012

Day 5 - 5 January 2012 - A snowday?

At 5:30am it has warmed up to -5.5. An improvement on yesterday, but still damn chilly! At least I've warmed up from yesterday! Not to dispair, I read on a friends Facebook page last night that the count down as begun ... 10 weeks + 5 days til spring! Sorry Janet that doesn't work well for your yearning for snow days! And I bite my words, since as daylight came, so did a flurry of snow and here in the country it's been a soft flurry of flakes most of the day. This time of the year it is still dark in the morning - being a morning person I really miss the early sunrises of summer and they fact that I can't see anything!!!!

To maintain my mandate of a photo/day, out I went before lunch to see what my camera would capture. I don't like getting the camera wet and it was snowing, so I devised a rain/snow coat for it. One more thing that a ziplock bag is good for, now a word of advise - becareful when you put your face in the bag to look through the viewfinder - I'm thinking it could be a way to smother yourself! The snow is kind of pretty on the branches and the lake, but glad I only had to go on foot today. Not a fan of travelling in the snow!


For Janet!















January is normally the month that my cousin Jim and I go in search of our elusive ancestor. We spend hours between emails, telephone calls, the internet, trading off information, finding new leads, thinking we finally have made a connection and bang.......... the brick wall again! I strongly believe that some year we will find his secrets; although I have a funny feeling he probably won't be terribly interesting, just a poor man who falls between the cracks of dates and records, but he will be our ancestor - good, bad or otherwise. It's kind of fun to speculate on who he might have been. For now we keep on looking! Today there are other things to work on - Fire Department duties and other volunteer things and the dreaded housework. Not sure but I seem to have picked up a bug so am feeling somewhat sluggish as well. And it did warm up today +1.5!

Wikipedia tells us the following about 5 Jan 1961- Ahhhh....... the Art world:
Italian sculptor Alfredo Fioravanti went to the U.S. Consulate in Rome and signed a confession, stating that he had been part of a team that forged the Etruscan terracotta warriors in the Metropolitan Museum of Art.

No comments:

Post a Comment