Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Day 11 - 11 January 2012 - To Exercise or Not!

This morning feels colder - temperature is -3.7. Opened the back door far enough to let Lexi out and back in, [she didn't stay long] and it feels windier and raw. Ummmmm perhaps winter has come?? It is due anytime. Today is Wednesday and my day to go to town and volunteer. I did get the three grant applications done yesterday, one was done on line, the other two I'll print off today, put supporting documents with one and off they go, one in the mail, one hand delivered. Always feels like I've accomplished a lot when they are finished. One more to do, but that will be the 1st February. I did crash and burn yesterday to the sofa for a nap in the afternoon.............. can't fault me - I did get a lot of stuff done early! The pot luck was excellent last night, lots of good food and company.

Have come to a serious decision this morning - I definitely need to do something about my waistline. I put on a new top to wear last night and I thought it would hide things but it didn't - it seemed to accentuate flaws. I really don't think I can afford to wait until the 3-4 boxes of chocolates are gone before I start. I don't think it's all about weight loss, when we women get to a certain age the pounds go on easier than they come off but waists, legs, arms just don't stay firm like they used to. I have options. Cindy holds exercise classes, but from the comments on FB I'm rather scared of those....... seems they are like some kind of torture class, girls are always complaining about hurting. But I have to give these girls credit, they look great and work hard; I think I'm lazy![maybe I just know I am] Or, I can crash into some exercising at home, which means dedication and discipline, anything I decide means dedication. Before Christmas I was walking Lexi 3 times/day so this helped; now that Larry's home he does most of that and I'm only getting out for a short walk everyday. Decisions, decisions! Maybe I need to think about this another day or two.

By the time I left the house at 7:20 it was -6.3, why is it that the day I go to town it's either terribly cold or messy. And by 9am it was -8. I just stopped looking after that! All in all not a bad day, got my weekly Bacon Scallop wrap fix at the Beandock. Some things accomplished at the centre. Talked to a few people I haven't seen for a  while. It's hard cramming all that stuff into 6 hours once/week!!

I was standing on the side of the road this morning waiting for Yvonne and the moon was just fantastic - it looked as good as it did the other night, so I had to get a few shots, a little difficult since it was behind the trees but am glad I captured the moment.










I guess I seem a little obsessed with the moon, on Dock St. this morning about 8:15 next to the VIC, I took this one, above Island's Park it is just a shadow in the sky.





No more of the moon.

Taken looking down the harbour you can just see the Sandy Point Lighthouse.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you!! Worth waiting for. I wish I could make wekly trips to town. I fear if I did I would become a hermit because I do love my time at home especially this time of year. The cold seems to penetrate the soul and create a desire to hibernate lol The pictures were great the last one really surprised me as I thought I could actually see the water moving(almost like a video) The moon tonight is beautiful and I wish I could have taken a picture of the light shimmering on the water. Off to bring up more wood and rest my frozen feet by the fire!!

    ReplyDelete