Monday, January 30, 2012

Day 30 - 30th January 2012 - Weather and Work

The temperature is -0.4 and dropping this morning, a light dusting of snow on the deck during the night. Here we are once again at the end of another month, where has the time gone. I'm not enjoying my normal quiet time this morning. Lexi was nattering away at Larry right after I got up [and I slept in this morning] so they were downstairs too. I tried to convince them to go crawl back in bed after they came in with the paper, but nothing doing.

I plan on doing some research for my report today, some book work for the Fire Department, more laundry [not sure where that all comes from] and maybe tidy up a few things. My report is not moving along as fast as I'd like it to, I have most all of the material, it's just a matter of putting it together. I tend to get distracted and off course, following up someone I am not really working on. The other day I lost 2 hours tracking down an illegitimate child in the 1890's, who really didn't fit into the scheme of things but was there so..........  It's like old newspapers I get distracted very easily going through those, but it's so fascinating the information that's contained within them. Prices of the day are always a hoot compared to what we pay today, well maybe not funny, rather sad how far your dollar would go even 25 years ago not to mention 125 years. 

Focus, focus, forgot I had some Water St. reading to do today as well, have zipped off a few emails in that regard, hopefully some info will come back or contacts. Fire Department books are balanced for another month. Larry has been working hard on the kitchen cupboard this morning. Glad I took a short walk this morning, it was warm and mild, but the sky has turned gray now, although the temperature is up to +5.  Guess we will get rain.













Signs of spring with a bit of winter in the background!













The wet thin layer of ice seeps through the light dusting of snow we had during the night.


I was just about to post this when I looked out it was hailing, +5.8 outside and this is coming down
These came down in a matter of a few minutes, got to love Nova Scotia weather, if you don't like what's coming out of the sky wait 5 minutes and it will change!
Enjoy the afternoon!

4 comments:

  1. The swing looks lonely but then the picture of the snow on the lake reminds me why the swing is empty!! Little rough on yourself aren't you...sounds like you get alot done in the run of a day......I think I could lost in the research. My little conflab with Sista Tam last night got me thinking about my Gram Maisie whose entire family left for the US when she was little. She was the only one who moved back this way. Lots of family there and might just start a little research of my own. Might need to call on your expertise. I think this might be rather interesting.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now's the time to start that research, you still have a few people around who can help you with info!

      Delete
  2. are you planning on going somewhere? Or did I scare you off!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I meant your dad, etc. "living relatives" !

      Delete