Saturday, January 28, 2012

Day 28, 28th January 2012 - Lemon Pie and Stuff

Still mild +2 when I got up but in the last hour it has dropped to 0.9. I can hear the wind howling but not sure about the rain. This old house stands firm against the wind, solid as a rock. We used to hear the windows rattle on occasion but since we finished replacing all those a few years ago, not a peep!

Today will be a trip to town, a few errands, a few groceries, then I'll meet up with Laura and we'll go out to Susan's to plan the Society's fundraising for the year. Susan has made lemon pie and scratch me backs, since we will need sustenance to do this work. It should be a good afternoon. Hopefully we can come up with good ideas, and can find some volunteers to help out with them. Will take my camera along just in case something catches my eye.

We had a great afternoon - got lots of plans made for the year. Probably even a few for the following year. And the lemon pie was awesome! Cookies were good too, but I love lemon pie - guess that could be considered my helping of fruit for the day?

Here's a photo.
Oops..... sorry that's the empty plates, well take my word for it - it was good!













There was a run off over the bank on the side of the road, but I'm afraid I didn't do a great job of capturing it.












So overall not a particularly productive day at home, but sometimes thats ok. We did have a good afternoon at Susan's and I think accomplished alot, including a few giggles!
Enjoy the rest of the day!

1 comment:

  1. Giggling is "underrated" glad you had a good day complete with fundraising ideas and to think you got some healthy fruit in there as well. "Lemon pie"

    ReplyDelete