Friday, January 6, 2012

Day 6 - 6 January 2012 - To Market, To Market

Friday has come again. Feeling much better this morning, so need to kick start myself and get some things done. -8.0 this morning; thought it was suppose to get milder! There is no pleasing some people - complain if it's cold, complain if it's hot! That's human nature.

Debating on whether I should go to town today, as much as I don't want to, Trina will be in and it's a good chance to get our T-4's done up, Charitable Receipts done and all that good stuff that needs to be done for the end of 2011. That's the thing, you may end one year but there's always leftovers! I could always pick up a few groceries too and avoid another trip. My shopping is at a minimum this month - bread and milk if I can get away with it - however that's still $20. The freezer is full with lots of veggies from our garden, I'm sure at least 4 turkeys [yes I need a 12 step program for turkeys and shoes], fish and lots of other good stuff, so it's crazy to buy more! January is my eat from the freezer month. I don't know about everyone else, but after the holidays I need to cut expenses somewhere and it's not my internet or satelitte - those are winter essentials in my mind.

The new fridge for the Fire department is suppose to arrive today so I need to do up a container of my chocolate dipped cherries for Tim and probably Josh doing the delivery. That would be the bribery for removing the old one! They are good guys and I'm sure will do it anyway, but it saves us a lot of hassle so I like to add a little something extra for their effort.

So I did make the pilgrimage to town, Trina and I got all the fun stuff [not] done in time for Kim to pick us up and the three of us went to lunch! Another day out this week. Came in under budget with the groceries - $15.00. The sun came out it's milder and the weekend is almost upon us what more can you really ask for!

Loved the article this morning in the Chronicle Hearld called Apps offer journeys through the past. I immediately hit google and found Dear Photography.com and http://www.historypin.com/. Emailed the link to another friend Kim [if most of my friends are named Kim, it keeps life really simple!] and I can see a project in the future for our organizations........... but mums the word now until we move past the brainstorming stage. I just find the whole idea new and exciting.

Today I decided to find out what was happening on Coronation Street in  January 1961 [Wikipedia.org]:
Coronation Street first broadcast on ITV on 9 December 1960. The following is a list of characters introduced in the show's second year, by order of first appearance.
Originally written by Warren, the series is produced by Stuart Latham until July and then by Derek Granger from July onwards. In January, Latham introduced four new regular characters, the first batch to arrive since Warren's initial creations at the start of the series a month earlier. These were factory workers Sheila Birtles (Eileen Mayers) and Doreen Lostock (Angela Crow), timid shop assistant Emily Nugent (Eileen Derbyshire) and an extension to the Walker family, Annie and Jack's son Billy Walker (Kenneth Farrington). As of 2011, Derbyshire still appears as Emily.
January also saw the introduction of Len Fairclough (Peter Adamson), a character who would become one of the series' central figures and the show's most prominent alpha male. Adamson continued in the role for twenty-two years. Bryan Mosley also made his first appearance as Alf Roberts later in February, originally a recurring role, Alf wasn't made a regular until 1971.
 
Windswept snow across the lake


The lake seems so still and quiet these days. 

No comments:

Post a Comment